Short Courses: Introductory Level
These four courses will introduce you to the power of play and the creative arts in healing and development. They can be taken individually as stand alone courses and participants will receive Certificates of Attendance. Students who successfully complete three of the following four courses, chosen to meet their specific needs, interests and circumstances, and associated relevant practical assignments, will be awarded the Certificate in Developmental & Therapeutic Play. This is a skills based and experiential training in using play as a therapeutic medium and to facilitate development.
Range of Courses:
- Therapeutic Work with Children: The Power of Play course (5 Days)
- Creative Care Course (6 Days)
- Play and the Expressive Arts (5 Days)
- Spring or Summer School: Creative Play, Drama, and Storytelling (5 Days)
These courses are designed for child-care workers, teachers, family support staff, project workers, social workers, foster carers, day-care and early education staff, therapists, psychologists, and others working with children and families or considering moving into this field.
They are suitable for a wide range of participants who either:
- Wish to learn additional skills to enhance their current professional practice
- Are considering training as a play therapist or in another of the creative therapies.